Ethereum Staker Community Call #9: Protolamda
If you were unable to attend the Ethereum Staker Community Call #9 with special guest Protolamda – we’ve got you covered. This call was recorded on Thursday, September 17th at 17:00 UTC (Noon Central).
If you’re unfamiliar with the Ethereum Staker Community Call, it’s an attempt to build an exuberantly friendly community by sharing information about Ethereum and to make Ethereum staking more accessible to the average user.
We accomplish this by sharing information on our community channels (Reddit, Discord, YouTube, Twitter) and produce these video Community Calls. Additionally, there is also an Ethereum Studymaster Program which is driven by the Ethereum Staking Community, and many other ways to get involved.
Today’s special guest on Episode #9 is Protolamda who is an Ethereum Foundation Developer.
- +00:00 – Opening & Introduction
- ~01:20 – Who is Protolamda?
- ~03:30 – How did you end up in Computer Science?
- ~06:20 – How did you get into Ethereum?
- ~08:50 – What are POAPs?
- ~14:50 – What can we expect from Medalla Testnet in the next couple weeks before Mainnet Launch?
- ~15:55 – What is the Medalla Data Challenge?
- ~18:50 – What are the best practices for securing a Validator?
- ~24:20 – How can we achieve internet redundancy with multiple Validators?
- ~27:25 – How is ddosing valuable anymore with the Ethereum 2.0 implementation?
- ~30:15 – Do multiple Validator deposits open you up to vulnerability/identification?
- ~34:10 – Official Ethereum 2.0 Phase 0 EIP discussion
- ~37:28 – How many clients do you think will be ready for the Mainnet launch?
- ~38:50 – How can we help with client diversity?
- ~43:12 – How will Ether in Ethereum 1.0 transition into Ether in Ethereum 2.0?
- ~47:30 – What are the Minimum, Average, and Best hardware options for running a Validator?
- ~50:30 – What could happen in a worst-case scenario if our withdrawal process doesn’t work?
- ~52:25 – If we had the same issues seen on the Medalla Testnet would we power through or re-launch the Mainnet?
- ~53:25 – Are you currently excited about anything (Ethereum related or not)?
Resources Discussed During Community Call
- Protolamda Website
- Community Call Agenda
- Ethereum Staker Discord
- Medalla Data Challenge
- POAP + POAP Design Contest
- Studymaster Program + Studymaster POAP Opportunity
- Ethereum Foundation
- Official Ethereum 2.0 Phase 0 EIP
Future Community Calls
Our calls are driven by community momentum, there is no set-in-stone schedule for the Ethereum Staker Community Call. However, We attempt to keep things as consistent as possible for easier consumption.
If you would like to be a guest, join the LIVE community call, suggest a topic, or otherwise participate – please feel free to contact us on one of our social channels or leave a comment below.