Ethereum 2.0 Quiz Show presented by the ETH Staker Community
What’s going on?
The ETH Staker community is hosting a Quiz Show on Sunday, November 1st, 2020 at 2:00 PM CDT (7:00 PM UTC). The goal is to help teach Ethereum principles in a fun and engaging way. The long term benefit will be for people who can watch the YouTube stream and “play along” at home.
If that wasn’t exciting enough there will be a POAP given to all who attend the LIVE event and 1 ETH ($411.56 as of 10/24/200) will be awarded to the participant who successfully answers the most questions correctly!
How do I participate?
To participate you need to submit questions for the Quiz Show. To submit questions all you have to go is go to this link. You can submit as many questions as you can think of. I highly recommend doing this, as the more questions you submit the higher the opportunity you’ll have to answer correctly.
Questions will be randomly asked during the live event on Sunday, November 1st, 2020 at 2:00 PM CDT (7:00 PM UTC). To attend the LIVE Quiz Show a link will be provided on the ETH Staker Reddit page, and also on this post once available.
How does the game work?
If you’ve ever played Kahoot before, you’ll already know how to play. For those of you who’ve never heard of it or never played, it’s incredibly simple. You can watch the practice round between some of the ETH Staker Moderators here:
What are the official rules?
- Superphiz makes the rules. His intent is to build a fair community-oriented program, but his word is final. He reserves the right to change the rules of participation at will.
- There is no limit to the number of potential questions a user may submit, but only questions deemed valid by EthStaker admins will be included.
- Participation will be limited to up to 20 participants who submit the greatest number of valid questions
- The question submission deadline is around 7pm UTC, October 30.
- Selected participants will be notified of their status on October 31 around 7pm UTC.
- The show will begin at Sunday, November 1 at 7pm UTC.
- Sponsors are welcome to contact superphiz to offer Ether & Dai rewards, there will be a sponsors page and appropriate (organic) appreciation for any sponsor funds.
- Rewards will be collected and distributed from: 0xEb0810D880B908b09c505a0F2cE8BfB9e5E25A5f.
- The minimum prize is 1 Ether awarded to the winner. If more than 1 Ether is awarded, the additional reward will be split 40% to first, 30% to second, 30% to third place.
- SuperPhiz won’t provide any “celebrity invitations”, but everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate by submitting questions. By this, I mean I’m not offering any free spots based on community standing, but I sure hope many people with community standing will seek to participate. By nature of this, I am the only person in the world excluded from participating 🙁 Other EthStaker contributors/admins may choose to take the role of participant. These people will be shielded from insider information.
- The live call should record for 1 hour. Questions will start after a brief introduction and will continue until 7:55pm UTC or until we run out of questions and announce the winner.
- “Valid question” is described as one that 50% of people who have followed Ethereum for a year would know the answer to.